What RRUFF (Rocklin Residents Unite for Fido) is about?
RRUFF was established to work with the City of Rocklin and raise funds to establish the first off leash dog park in Rocklin, California.
“Our mission is to provide an enhanced quality of life for our canine companions by providing them with an enclosed off leash environment to socialize with other dogs as well as encouraging responsible pet ownership within our community.”
The organization is responsible for establishing goals that will:
- Provide a safe environment for licensed dogs to play and socialize.
- A venue to by Quiknowledge">promote responsible dog ownership in our community.
- Create an environment in which they may discover new friendships and find role models.
- Help dog owners learn new skills and disciplines as they relate to obedience training, socialization, and community involvement.
- Foster a responsible and positive attitude toward the use of parks, and other public areas, trails and wilderness by their pets.
- by Quiknowledge">Promote the value of licensing dogs to our community as a way they can help insure the safe return of a lost or injured pet.
This is a non-profit organization to support the building and maintenance of an off leash dog park. Monetary distribution is based on Board of Directors approval for supporting expenditures required to build and maintain such a park. We believe this park will help encourage responsible dog ownership and allow our community to gain knowledge from events we by Quiknowledge">participate in, from our volunteers, and our members . From fundraisers, activities, and other functions, our community will learn camaraderie with others; improve skills in proper pet ownership, obedience training, proper exercise and dog safety.
RRUFF is a progressive and innovative off-leash dog park dedicated to being a good community partner. To that end, in 2014 the Healing Heroes Program was established. This is a program that provides scholarships to disabled American Veterans for service dog training. The program started January 7, 2014 and is held outdoors at the RRUFF Dog Park Special Needs Area and indoors at the Rocklin Community Animal Shelter.
Each scholarship awarded is for $1,000 and covers the cost of the 8 month program - from puppy to certification. The trainers are 4Paws2Freedom, who work exclusively with disabled people suffering from PTSD, TBI and MST